How do I improve indoor air quality?
- Control or eliminate the sources of pollutants
- Control moisture
- Ventilate a home with clean outdoor air. The ventilation method may, however, be limited by weather conditions(heat & humidity) or undesirable levels of contaminants contained in outdoor air.
- Portable room air cleaners can be used to clean the air in a single room or specific areas, but they are not intended for wholehouse filtration.
- Use air cleaning devices to remove pollutants from indoor air. Some air cleaning devices are designed to be installed in the ductwork of your air conditioning system to clean the air in the whole house. Some effective types of air cleaners are:
- High Efficiency Filtration Systems remove particulates from the air
- UV Germicidal Lights destroy viruses, bacteria, allergens, and molds on the HVAC surfaces it shines on (eg. cooling coil, drain pan, and ductwork). Some high intensity UV lights are successful at destroying susceptible biological pollutants, and becomes more effective with longer exposure times of the circulating air.